Fisheries Monitoring Solutions
Commercial Vessel Monitoring Solutions
Due to global warming, new Arctic passages are opening up, long-sought-after by explorers and shipping companies as a shortcut between the continents. The latest BlueTraker® terminal generation brought many enhancements frequently requested by customers, one of them being enhanced BlueTraker® Arctic platform enabling various terminal models to be upgraded:
- BlueTraker® LRIT Arctic;
- BlueTraker® SSAS Arctic;
- BlueTraker® Arctic;
- BlueTraker® VMS Arctic.
Each of the models are purpose-built for the special demands of this tough environment and are a new approach in comparison to the current devices on the market. BlueTraker equipment is able to support the vessels Arctic and Antarctic ambitions. Data collected by these terminals is transmitted to Telematics Data Service (TDS) communication server where it can be processed and represented in a report form or it can be forwarded to any Third Party where it can be analyzed further.
Due to global warming, new Arctic passages are opening up, long-sought-after by explorers and shipping companies as a shortcut between the continents.
The BlueTraker® Arctic product range includes various terminal's hardware and firmware upgrades including:
- BlueTraker Arctic devices can cope with extremely low temperatures because of the unique heat element that is built into the device. This element continuously provides sufficient heat so that the device can operate without disturbance due to weather conditions.
- The unique double-shell housing with a ventilated layer between is one of the solutions to the challenge imposed by different weather conditions. Two shells give the device added protection against low and high temperatures and wind chill in low temperatures. The gap between the two housings acts like a thermal bridge which works as a vent when there are excessively high temperatures (when exposed to heat caused by sunlight). It also preserves the heat when a device is starting up after shut down (e.g. cold start) and when internal heating is enabled (if temperatures drop down to -20°C). The outer shell prevents fast moving cold wind from hitting the inner shell housing, thus eliminating any wind chill factor.
- Smart thermostatic temperature control enables successful “Cold State Power-up” at temperatures unthinkable before.
- Special, arctic grade power supply cable ensures flexing and reliable operation even in severe cold environments.
- Carefully selected stainless steel (EN1.4571) is used for the mounting accessory which is capable to withstand mechanical stress and vibration down to -50°C and more.
- Certified for operating temperatures down to – 50°C.